Oslo Afro Arts Festival’s program consists of concerts, spoken-word/poetry, dance performances, film screenings, workshops, lectures and events for children and youth. In addition, we arrange an African market with stalls, food, activities for children and live music. The festival is held across different venues in Grønland, Oslo.
Enjoy dance, music, food, clothes, African Market, activities for children and art workshops between the old prison at Intercultural Museum and in Jenssens Haves wonderful backyard
Intercultural museum and Jenssens Have are hosts when Oslo Afro Arts Festival arrange Bakgårdsfest! We take over the beautiful backyard and old prison buildings and fill them with an African Market and stage performances. A day with activities for the whole family; face painting, clowns, food, art workshops, instrument making, dance and concerts.
Intercultural museum work all year to enhance understanding and respect in cultural diversity. The museum is one of four museums under Oslo Museum and is situated in Tøyenbekken 5, Grønland, Oslo.
Caféteatret is Oslo Afro Arts Festivals’ main venue. There are concerts every evening and a Childrens Africa Day Sunday during the festival.
Usually Caféteateret is Nordic Black Theatres’ concert and theatre venue. Hosting concerts, open stage evenings, family events, poetry projects, seminars and more.
Nordic Black Theatre is a self-run theatre foundation established in 1992. The core activity is theatre production but we work with a wide spectrum of partners in a variety of creative arts.
Grønland Church is turned 150 years in 2019, and Oslo Afro Arts joined the celebration! With it’s very special timbre and atmospheric room we are looking forward the Grønland Church was the host to several memorable events of the Oslo Afro Arts Festival including Arican Story Telling and Concerts.
Grønland Church is a church located in the neighbourhood of Grønland in the borough of Gamle Oslo in Oslo, Norway. Grønland Church congregation was formed in 1861. Grønland Church was consecrated on March 3, 1869 by Bishop Jens Lauritz Arup.